GPI is hiring: Graphic Designer & Social Media Coordinator
GRAPHIC DESIGNER & SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
Pay: $22-$25/hour DOE
Position Reports to: Marketing & Communications Manager
About Greater Portland Inc
We’re the region’s economic development organization working to attract new jobs and investment to the Portland-Vancouver metropolitan area.
Our team is small but mighty, and our culture is built on a foundation of teamwork and entrepreneurial drive. We are a welcoming group that is quick to offer help when needed. We believe in our work and in economic development’s ability to make a positive impact in the region. But we also value a healthy work-life balance, and we love any excuse to celebrate (even virtually) as a team with games, takeout deliveries and care packages.
We are looking for a creative ace to tell the Greater Portland story to the world via impactful graphics and an engaging social media presence.
Our ideal candidate will do this by:
1. Producing eye-catching graphics for social media, web and print (70% of weekly duties)
2. Elevating the regional brand through GPI’s social media channels (30% of weekly duties)
This position supports all members of the GPI team, elevating both GPI’s brand and the region’s brand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with the Marketing & Communications Manager to develop and create compelling visual assets for the Business Development, Regional Strategy and Stakeholder Engagement departments
• These assets will include social media graphics, email marketing assets, event flyers, website graphics, informational one-pagers, brochures, ads, proposals, reports, logos, icons and others as needed
• Ensure all assets follow GPI’s brand guidelines and cohesively position Greater Portland as an appealing place to do business
• Optimize assets for distinct platforms (e.g. web vs. print)
• Deliver projects by specified deadlines
• Work with the Marketing & Communications Manager to create and follow a schedule to update collateral on a regular basis
• Engage and grow a diverse following on GPI’s social media channels: Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and others as appropriate
• Share GPI wins and promote events to drive attendance
• Support GPI investors by sharing their good news and events
• Tell the Greater Portland story by sharing relevant business, industry and economic news and happenings
Other duties as assigned
• Ability to produce visually striking content within brand guidelines and with a cohesive voice, look and feel
• Excellent command of design principles
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
• Experience using multiple social media platforms to market a product or service
• Positive attitude and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Excellent time management skills
• Strong writing skills
• Two years’ experience creating graphics and managing social media for agency, brand and/or clients
• An associate’s degree in design, art, marketing, communications or related field
• Knowledge of best practices for growing and engaging diverse audiences on specific social media platforms, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
• Familiarity with email marketing applications (Mailchimp, Constant Contact, etc.)
• Ability to edit videos in Adobe Premiere
• Experience with photography/videography
Applicants with a relevant combination of education and experience will also be considered and are encouraged to apply.
Work Environment, Schedule & Benefits
All GPI employees are working from home until further notice due to the pandemic. GPI has an office at 111 SW Columbia Street in Portland that employees may be required to work from in the future. GPI provides employees with all equipment necessary for job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
GPI employees generally work 9-5 Monday-Friday. The schedule for this position has flexibility within that period, though attendance at the team meeting at 10 a.m. every Monday (held virtually for now) is required.
GPI offers paid vacation starting at 15 days annually and 10 standard paid holidays. GPI will reimburse employees for monthly parking or an annual TriMet pass. Employees receive a monthly cell phone stipend. Part-time employees are eligible for GPI’s 401k plan. This is a part-time position and as such, is not eligible for company sponsored health benefits.
More about GPI
GPI provides support and services to companies seeking to relocate or expand in Greater Portland, a region that spans two states and seven counties. A true public-private partnership model, GPI is supported by nearly 90 private- and public-sector partners committed to advancing regional economic development through job growth and investment.
At GPI, we celebrate and are motivated by people from all walks of life; we honor diverse cultures and individualism, and together we are focused on achieving economic prosperity for all across Greater Portland.
Greater Portland Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, résumé and three graphic design samples to Anna Marum at email@example.com by 8 a.m. Monday, March 22. No calls please.